We were chatting the other day and saying how great the last year has been. Keeping track of milestones means that you can see how far you’ve come. It’s a great way to keep up momentum and to stay motivated. We’ve made a list of our business’s key milestones and we’re so excited to be able to continuously add to them.
- 2013: Brett starts looking into building better learning material for some financial planning software. At the time, Tammy is on maternity leave and they start talking about Brett’s plans.
- 2014-2016: Brett build’s Xlearn in his spare time & after hours, whilst having a full-time job
- March 2016: Tammy gets in touch with Brett about what he’s up to and discussions start about launching Xlearn in SA and also approaches another potential partner in South Africa
- September 2016: the idea is shelved
- March 2017: Tammy and Jason start talking about working together on an app for financial planners. Tammy and Jason approach Brett to partner with him.
- July 2017: Jason, Tammy and Brett decide to go ahead and work on Xlearn as a partnership
- August 2017: Xlearn is set up as a company in SA
- February 2018: First 150 paying new users are loaded on the system
- March 2018: A further 250 users are migrated off another LMS into Xlearn
- April 2018: Reporting system is finalised and also the start of offline mobile app capabilities is started
- April 2018: Brett travels to South Africa to work with Tammy and Jason on the next pieces of development
- May 2018: New Xlearn interface is launched
- May 2018: Xlearn has 500 end users
We have some exciting developments that we’re working on and will blog about them in due course.